- Working across HUD, FEMA, CDC, the American Red Cross, and local jurisdictions, Cloudburst has strengthened systems to ensure the nation’s most vulnerable, including the homeless, are prioritized in disaster risk planning and response.
- Supported more than one hundred state and entitlement grantees in using CDBG, CDBG-DR, CDBG-CV, CDBG-MITIGATION, CARES Act, and American Rescue Plan funds to develop comprehensive recovery strategies that focus on rebuilding to increase resilience from future disaster events.
- Produced and developed content for the Web-based Instructional System for Environmental Reviews (WISER), an online curriculum series of 13 modules that teach participants how to conduct environmental reviews for HUD-funded projects.
- Developed tools, webinars, and resources (i.e., user guides, FAQs, and instructional videos) for completing environmental reviews through the HUD Online Environmental Review System (HEROS).
- Managing the HUD Exchange ‘Ask A Question’ portal for Environmental Reviews/HEROS, which receives over 1,000 questions annually. Cloudburst staff triage questions and draft initial responses related to HUD’s environmental process & procedures, requirements, environmental compliance factors, and HEROS.
- Lead developer of USAID’s new Sustainable Landscapes Guide that focuses on wildlife protection, coastal resilience, biodiversity loss, sustainable watershed management, forestry management, and payments for ecosystem services.
- Since 2009, Cloudburst has developed, maintained, and enhanced USAID’s Environmental Compliance Database (ECD) and processed over 10,000 environmental compliance documents into the ECD.
- With expertise in 24 CFR Part 58 and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Cloudburst staff have helped dozens of Missions assess environmental impacts, review Biodiversity Analyses, and provide support for Climate Risk Screening.
- Cloudburst assisted the Global Climate Change Office to develop functional requirements to incorporate Climate Risk Screening processes (per ADS 201) into the planned Environmental Compliance System.
- Cloudburst developed leading guidance on social safeguards led by multilateral development banks and other bilateral organizations when managing potential social impacts related to development projects.
Recent Posts from the Environment and Climate Resiliency Team