The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
- Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to [email protected].
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
Cambodia Civil Society Capacity Building Consultants
The Cloudburst Group (Cloudburst), a US based small business with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking qualified Civil Society Organization (CSO) Capacity Building Consultants for a 2-year USAID funded project. The Cloudburst Group is a mission-driven, Women-Owned Small Business with more than a decade of experience working with USAID. Cloudburst is known for its work in improving the effectiveness of programs that build social, economic, and environmental resilience in the U.S. and abroad.
Description of the Work
With funding from USAID, Cloudburst will implement an innovative CSO capacity building model that will provide training, mentoring, coaching, and capacity building support to organizations in the Public Health and Education; Food Security and Environment; and Democracy and Governance sectors.
Selected consultants will receive guidance on the intervention methodology and then work alongside a team of international experts to coach up to 12 local CSOs on organizational development, primarily focused on financial revenue diversification. This will include working with USAID and other local partners to help these organizations conduct self-assessments, develop sustainability plans and coach them on key components of their own organizational development goals. The anticipated results of coaching are to help guide CSOs to strengthen their organizational resiliency and diversify their funding base.
The Civil Society Capacity Building Consultants will work with a team of CSO capacity building specialists, trainers, and academic partners that will simultaneously be testing the effectiveness of the funded intervention.
Applicants who have been successful in helping CSOs to seek new funding, outside of traditional international donor funding are encouraged to apply.
Location: Phnom Penh, local travel required, possible other short duration in-country travel
Schedule: Consultancy, estimated at 100 days over 2 years
Rate: based upon experience; to be negotiated
Language Requirements: Fluency in Khmer and English
Structure: Selected candidates must be able to work independently under a consulting agreement with the Cloudburst Group. Consultants contracts will be developed in compliance with applicable local laws. Employees of current leading sector CSO organizations who can be released to work on this project are encouraged to apply.
DRAFT SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide capacity building and training via coaching, mentoring, and facilitation approaches
- Provide coaching for CSO organizations to develop and implement strategies to improve financial resiliency and organizational performance
- Facilitate connections for CSO organizations to achieve a wider network or connections with the public, private, and non-profit sector
- Build capacity of local CSO organizations
- Coordinate closely with Cloudburst U.S.-based staff and local implementing partners
- Oversee the local progress of the intervention implementation, including contributing to routine reporting for USAID (quarterly reports, indicators for monitoring and evaluation report, etc).
Successful consultants should have:
- Minimum 6 years of demonstrated experience working in or with dynamic Civil Society Organizations, primarily focused on organizational strengthening or growth
- Prior experience working in or with CSOs to seek new funding, diversify funding approaches, establish fee for service models, or other fundraising strategies preferred
- Degree in organizational development, financial management or a related area
- Expert skills as a facilitator, with demonstrated experience working with local organizational leaders and core staff on organization development and/or fundraising
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous assignments
- Prior experience working in or with CSOs in Cambodia
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred
- Connections within and among Public Health and Education, Food Security and Environment, and/or Democracy and Governance sectors preferred
- Fluency in English and Khmer
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please respond with the following information:
- Letter stating interest, availability, proposed fully-loaded daily rates for 2019, 2020, and 2021, and 2-3 prior examples of where you have provided capacity building support to CSOs with references; and,
- Completed bio data form.
Responses and questions should be sent to Denise Lomuntad, [email protected].
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or [email protected]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.