The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
- Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2017, 2018, and 2019. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to email@example.com.
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
The Cloudburst Group seeks a full-time Analyst to join a growing team in the Housing and Community Development Practice Area. In this role, the Analyst will collaborate with teams to support Federal agencies to improve grants management and program design of disaster resiliency/recovery, community revitalization and economic development projects. The analyst will work closely with Federal, state and local clients to implement and improve grants management systems and program performance and improvements.
The ideal applicant will:
- Work independently and on teams
- Be motivated to learn a range of HUD grants management and program design tools and assist state and local governments across the country to effectively use these systems
- Have 3-5 years of prior work experience (or a MA degree in correlated field plus 1-2 years of experience)
- Have familiarity with Department of Housing and Urban Development funded programs and requirements, specifically those funded by the Office of Community Planning and Development
- Work with Cloudburst team to provide client support through direct assistance, resource development and remote support in the areas of community planning, disaster resiliency/recovery, environmental compliance, and economic development
- Support clients to effectively use HUD planning and grants management tools to better implement housing and community development programs
- Conduct research, data analyses, management studies, cost-benefit analysis, and/or similar activities.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Experience in community development, economic development, disaster resiliency, affordable housing or homeless assistance programs
- Experience and interest in data analytics and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on remote and in-person teams
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, while working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and programs
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills are essential
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field, advanced training, or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years of experience or Master’s degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Experience working with HUD programs and requirements
- Experience in completing Environmental Reviews or managing HUD programs through IDIS, DRGR, or eCon Planning Suite
- Professional proficiency in Spanish
The Cloudburst Group is a mission-driven small business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting, technical assistance, communications, and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Please click the button below to submit your interest online with a copy of your resume, writing sample, and a cover letter with desired salary and history. Indicate reference number CB-2017-11.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Cloudburst Consulting Group seeks a full-time Homeless Assistance and Housing Programs Senior Analyst to join its Housing and Community Development practice area. This position will provide coordination and support for a team of professionals in implementing direct technical assistance, training, and the development of tools and products to improve planning, design and implementation of housing, homeless and community development programs with communities across the country.
- Works directly with communities and homeless service providers to provide technical assistance on Department of Housing and Urban Development homeless programs, which includes helping Continuums of Care (CoCs) to improve planning and program management for delivery of housing and community development activities.
- Participate as a member of a team to provide direct technical assistance, training (remote and in-person) as well as provide coordination and facilitation of on-site meetings/events with grantees. Interface with HUD, other Technical Assistance providers, and community members through a variety of assignments.
- Produce high-quality written documents and communications in adherence with policies and protocols and in alignment with HUD policy, regulation, and guidance. Review work product for compliance with standards.
- Actively acquires knowledge of HUD requirements and policy priorities and works to build skill and facility with these, in preparation for increasing community capacity. Key policy areas in 2017 include Coordinated Entry, Prevention/Diversion, System Performance, and implementing Housing First.
- Exercises independent initiative to learn new skills as part of a fast-paced team centered work.
- Travel, domestically, is required (on average 4 to 6 nights a month).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience in the Homeless Services industry. Master’s degree in public policy, urban planning or related field preferred, but not required.
- In-depth understanding of the HEARTH Act and the Continuum of Care and ESG programs.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with individuals of a variety of diverse backgrounds, education, and economic levels; understand the needs of technical and non-technical personnel within client agencies.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, while working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with client and its constituents.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and good judgment skills.
- Ability to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations.
- Interpersonal skills and flexibility within a small office are essential.
- Direct experience working for a CoC or ESG jurisdiction desired, preferably in the role of program or grants manager at a CoC Collaborative Applicant.
- Experience designing/implementing Coordinated Entry is preferred. Additionally, experience developing CoC governance, written standards, policies and procedures, and experience with Housing First are preferred.
- Program knowledge of HUD’s housing, community, and economic development programs.
- Program knowledge of HUDs homeless assistance and HMIS programs.
- Experience working with community development agency, nonprofit, or Collaborative Applicant.
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable
Please click the button below to submit your interest online with a copy of your resume, writing sample, and a cover letter with desired salary and history. Indicate reference number CB-2017-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Cloudburst Group seeks a full-time Data Integration Specialist (Analyst) to join a growing staff to provide direct support in extracting, transforming and loading national federal homeless housing response program data, as part of a team. This position requires 3-5 years of prior work experience (or a MA degree in correlated field plus 1-2 years of experience) working directly on complex information management systems for data extraction and integration and the preparation of data from disparate sources for analysis. Familiarity with MicroStrategy Report Development required. Experience with data visualization, a plus.
- Work with program team and client(s) to define and document shared data analysis objectives.
- Apply experience with data integration and analysis to extract, transform, and load data from disparate information systems to generate increasingly complex analysis at jurisdictional and Federal level.
- Prepare and present compiled data to Federal policy making staff to inform funding, program performance, and policy discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members and customers to define, document and develop data analysis objectives.
- Experience with MicroStrategy®, Tableau, or similar application required.
- Must possess advanced skills in integrating data from multiple disparate data collection systems.
- Must be able to build queries, design reports, work in visual basic and design import specifications for external analysis.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner and work directly within a virtual program team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-directed, highly organized person who can effectively prioritize and follow through on multiple projects, who takes pride in producing quality work and is willing to learn new things.
- Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field, advanced training, or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years of experience. Master’s degree with 1-2 years of experience, a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing data analysis, data integration and generation of data sets for use on complex data issues for policy.
- Must be able to obtain Security Clearance after hire.
Please click the button below to submit your interest online with a copy of your resume and a cover letter with desired salary and history. Indicate reference number CB-2017-12.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.