Are you passionate about ensuring that housing is fair and free from discrimination? Do you have experience training or building the capacity of fair housing professionals or stakeholders on current issues and topics? Are you knowledgeable about methods to manage and conduct training using a variety of in-person, group, and remote training solutions? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you manage a variety of projects with unique challenges and requirements? If so, we’re looking for someone just like you to join our team as a Fair Housing Training Manager.
Cloudburst is currently working in partnership with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to re-launch the National Fair Housing Training Academy designed to build the skills and experience of the next generation of fair housing professionals. The Academy will provide basic and advanced training delivered via a variety of online learning formats and eventual in-person training opportunities. We are looking for someone passionate about Fair Housing and knowledgeable on how to engage, connect, and train staff funded under HUD’s Fair Housing Initiatives Programs (FHIPs) and Fair Housing Assistance Programs (FHAPs).
The successful candidate will join Cloudburst’s growing Housing and Community Development team and work alongside nationally recognized Fair Housing leaders in the design and delivery of a comprehensive training program.
The ideal applicant will be able to:
- Apply practical project management knowledge to support meeting clients’ goals and objectives.
- Leverage prior experience working in a FHIP, FHAP, or other fair housing organization and be able to apply fair housing regulation and practice to development of training solutions.
- Strategically work with HUD and fair housing subject matter experts to define training needs and solutions best suited for the current day fair housing workforce needs.
- Coach and support staff and contractors to develop adult-learning driven training solutions on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Provide support and direction to project teams, monitor and report on progress, implement and manage change when necessary to meet project deliverables.
- Leverage familiarity with Department of Housing and Urban Development funded programs and requirements to propose viable solutions to our clients.
- Serve as a liaison to HUD and work directly with project teams to provide strategic direction in the execution of training development and delivery assignments.
- Manage projects to ensure budgets and timelines are met and work streams are executed effectively.
- Ensure effective communication among the team and with the client and partners, and quickly implement change management procedures to issues that arise.
- Collaborate with other Cloudburst teams to support Federal, state and local public-sector agencies to design, implement and manage housing, homeless, community and economic development and disaster resiliency/recovery programs.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills, including limited travel.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field, advanced training, or equivalent experience and at least 12 years of experience or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience
- 5 to 15 years of experience working in a FHIP, FHAP or other fair housing organization
- Practical project management knowledge; including at least 5 years of management experience
- Demonstrate an interest in social impact and community development
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to supervise program staff
- Ability to work on remote and in-person teams
- Willingness to learn new skills and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Exemplary Interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and with project management tools
- Experience working with HUD fair housing programs and regulations
- Experience in developing and delivering fair housing training solutions
- Experience working at strategic levels to address fair housing needs
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled